Views:360006|Rating:4.70|View Time:6:18Minutes|Likes:3113|Dislikes:198 Check out our new Guide to Van Life:
– In this video, we share tips that will help you stay warm and cozy in your van or RV during cold winter nights, including:
– Wear layers of PJs or sleep naked – experiment to see what works for you.
– Sleep with warm blankets and flannel sheets or an appropriate sleeping bag.
– Use hot water bottles (make sure they’re properly sealed and never put boiling water in them in case they leak).
– Insulate your van/RV if it isn’t already.
– Curtains & blinds help create a barrier between the cold coming from the windows.
– A propane heater like the Mr Buddy Heater works well (from what we’ve heard) but make sure that your windows are cracked and that you have a propane & CO2 detector installed.
– Check the weather so you know what to expect overnight, and don’t be afraid to check into a hotel or sit in a 24h diner if you’re too cold.
Thanks for watching!
Mat & Danielle
STAY IN TOUCH!
Music & Song Credits:
The intro song in this video (Pastel Slide Short) is a royalty-free jingle from iMovie. The main song in this video was composed, performed, and recorded by Mat Dubé of Exploring Alternatives.